- Dancing with complete abandon (flailing limbs) with favourite friends at a wedding in Adelaide. I had so much fucking fun this weekend! Congratulations to Leon and Kate (and apologies for all the hideous photos you're going to discover on those disposable cameras).
- These blondies. A little too much sugar for my sugar-phobic tastebuds, but I'll adjust the recipe and they will be perfect.
- Breakfast with my Mum, Dad and Aunty this weekend. So grateful for the opportunity to be together - talk crap, talk science, talk personal.
- Live music. We've seen 24 bands this year. 24! It's only February! This equates to 2 festivals and 3 gigs; still impressive though!
- I'm feeling super grateful for my diary-keeping habits. I found the diary I kept in Malaysia (KL, Cameron Highlands, Penang, Langkawi) last night, and spent a good long while flipping through the pages; reminiscing with Rufus about things we'd forgotten. Such as the time that we were on a bus, and a huge, heavy suitcase fell on a European backpacker (she was okay - Rufus helped her climb out from under it), which had a tiny, ancient Chinese lady next to us in hysterical laughter for a good five minutes (which, in turn, had me in a gigglefit).
- Also feeling super grateful for lazy nights on the couch with Rufus - bingeing on TV shows and cuddling up against the unseasonably cold evenings.
|(L to R) photo from DisneyWorld, tiny lucky pig, Buddah from Malaysia, copper candles from the market, Grimes album, crappy record player - already broken, love fern, alcohol bottles.|
|I could pretend that I'm embarrassed about my clothing choices, but I'm not. I didn't get sunburned, and if the cost of that was looking like a dick in a stupid hat, I'm cool with it.|